Goodreads is terrible in comparison:
* The interaction of "groups" is not conducive for discussions
* The navigation of Goodreads is near impossible
* Goodreads "homepage" is a hodgepodge of stuff from other people that I am unable to make heads or tails of
* My Goodreads bookshelf is all screwed up & messy
* Goodreads groups do not usually discuss books or share reviews, they seem to be more of flight of fancy, stream of consciousness type of posts
* The site is completely unattractive
* Not any of the great discussions or reviews will be "migrated" (saved)
* I HATE Goodreads
I am at a huge loss... and the thing that really upsets me is: Amazon doesn't care!
Dear Auntie Nanuuq,
For the past few years, Amazon has supported two online communities of readers: Shelfari and Goodreads. Both services share the same mission - helping readers find new books and share their reading - so it makes sense to merge them. We plan to complete this by March 16, 2016. Our team can then focus on building innovative new features and creating a great experience for readers on just one platform: Goodreads.
We would like to invite you to set up your group on Goodreads and invite your existing members to join the discussion there. The first step in the process is to move your own books to Goodreads. To make it easy for you, go to http://www.shelfari.com/moveToGoodreads/ExportInvitation and you will find instructions to migrate your account.
Once your account is set up on Goodreads, you can find tips on how to create a Goodreads group here: https://www.goodreads.com/help/list/groups. From Shelfari, when you export your information via CSV (http://www.shelfari.com/exportData/ExportEverything), we include the bookshelves from any groups you participated in. You can then reference that list of books to recreate your group shelves on Goodreads.
We also recommend you send a message to your group members on Shelfari letting them know that your group is now live on Goodreads.
We are sorry to let you know that we will not be migrating group discussion content to Goodreads, as we cannot export comments without all individual members permission.
If you are not familiar with Goodreads, the core features you love on Shelfari - keeping track of books you have read and want to read, and connecting with fellow readers over your shared love of books - are at the heart of the Goodreads experience. You will also be able to enjoy additional services and features including:
- On-the-go access to your bookshelves and friends updates through the Goodreads iOS and Android apps
- The ability to use Goodreads on most Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets
- Personalized book recommendations from the Goodreads recommendation engine based on books you have enjoyed
- More ways to share and enjoy your love of reading through the Goodreads Reading Challenge, the ability to write rich text reviews, and enter to win books in our popular Goodreads giveaways program, and
- Connecting with your favorite authors, including using Goodreads Ask the Author feature
If you have any questions about creating your group to Goodreads, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help. You can also choose to export your data for your own records following the steps at http://www.shelfari.com/exportData/ExportEverything.
From your fellow book lovers,
The Shelfari and Goodreads teams